There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives, we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), soft tissue therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, soft tissue therapy can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Reduced fatigue
- Reduced inflammation and swelling
- Reduction in joint stiffness
- Loosens tight muscles
- promotes lymphatic drainage
- aides in the development of muscle and connective tissue reconstruction
- decreases scar tissue formation
An Advanced Method to Decrease Pain and Improve Function
Soft tissue therapy is an advanced method that allows us to decrease pain and improve function in areas that may suffer from the following:
- Scar Tissue
- Chronic Inflammation
- Adhesions in muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Repetitive Stress Injuries to muscles, joint capsules & connective tissues
In response to soft tissue therapy, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects.
Research shows that with soft tissue therapy:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
What Makes Our Soft Tissue Therapy Different?
What separates our soft tissue therapy from other practices is that our licensed therapists are under the direction of a supervised physician. This means the patient gets the highest level of care and knowledge available.