“Get Back To Your Favorite Activities In No Time.”
Regenerative medicine is a game-changing area of medicine with the potential to fully heal damaged tissues, offering solutions and hope for people who have conditions that today are beyond repair.
Regenerative medicine itself isn’t new — the first bone marrow and solid-organ transplants were done decades ago. But advances in developmental and cell biology, metabolics, and other fields have unlocked new opportunities to refine existing regenerative therapies and develop new ones.
Understanding Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Umbilical Cord Matrix Tissue
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is one of the most effective treatments today that help in the regeneration of tendon injuries, ligament damage, and osteoarthritis.
This procedure is non-invasive and harnesses your body’s natural healing potential. Our qualified and experienced physician first extracts a sample of your blood. The blood sample is then processed and spun by a modern centrifuge to separate the serum portion of the blood from the blood platelets which contains the healing factors and growth factors which are necessary for tissue regeneration within the body. The growth factors are collagen (key building blocks for joints and connective tissue, growth factors (messenger RNA), amino acids (proteins), carbohydrates (for metabolism), electrolytes and enzymes.
The resulting solution which is rich in growth factors is then injected directly into the affected area. This attracts your body’s stem cells to the area to accelerate the healing process.
The final way to utilize stem cells is with the injection of cryopreserved umbilical cord matrix. This injection not only contains a high concentration of growth factors is also contains 500,000 viable stem cells.
Pinnacle Integrated Health takes three interrelated approaches:
- Rejuvenation. Rejuvenation means boosting the body’s natural ability to heal itself. We do this with the use of Bio-Identical Hormone replacement, Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides, and nutritional counseling.
- Regeneration. Regeneration involves delivering specific types of cells or cell products to injured or diseased tissues, where they will ultimately restore tissue function. This can be done through using cell products, such as PRP and cryopreserved umbilical cord matrix tissue allografts.
- Functional restoration. This involves multiple disciplines who work together (medical providers, physical therapists, massage therapist and chiropractors) in a coordinated fashion and is focused on maximizing function, returning to pre-injury productivity (with sufficient functional capacity to avoid recurrent injuries), while preventing needless disability, unnecessary medical and surgical care and healthcare related complications.
This three-pronged approach to healing is what makes Pinnacle Integrated Health different than any other physical medicine facility in Ohio.
To help you return to the activities you love, our expert team at Pinnacle Integrated Health & Rehab now offers both PRP and umbilical cord matrix-based 21st-century therapeutic procedures to help alleviate your pains without relying on complex surgical procedures or medication.
Benefits of PRP and Umbilical Tissue
- Umbilical tissue and PRP are two of the safest and most advanced approaches to treating a wide variety of injuries and diseases within the human body.
- Patients recovering from injuries will rapidly improve when injected with either of these compared to the lengthy and exhaustive period of post-surgical rehabilitation.
- PRP and umbilical cord matrix tissue patients are more likely to exhibit greater mobility and experience less pain than surgical patients post procedure.
Common Conditions Successfully Treated
PRP and umbilical cord matrix tissue both promote the healing of partial tears of the rotator cuff, biceps tendinosis, glenohumeral ligament sprains, lateral and medial epicondylitis, patellar tendinosis, meniscal tears, Osgood-Schlatters, ankle sprain, Achilles tendinosis, plantar fasciitis and osteoarthritis in most joints.